Matthew David Grant is an artist from Dallas, TX working in Utah. He has an MFA from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco and has studied with Tony Ryder, Phil Boatwright, John Poon, Bryan Mark Taylor, and others.
He focuses on stylizing the details in nature in an abstract way while maintaining a vivid photorealist look. His goal is to capture and bring to life the images he and others are interested in.
* 3rd in State Texas High School Art Competition
* Art Scholarship (Southern Utah University)
* Richardson, TX Art Competition (2nd Place)
* The Artist’s Magazine (Finalist)
* Springville Utah Art Museum Religious Show (Top 10 Finalist)
* Art of the West Show (Dallas, TX)
* Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints International Art Competition (Finalist)
* Portrait of Lorenzo Snow (Rome Italy Temple)
* Portrait of Neal A. Maxwell (Neal A. Maxwell Institute: Brigham Young University)
* Portrait of Gordon B. Hinckley (Southern Utah University Institute of Religion)
1) Southwest Gallery - Dallas, TX
2) Mountain Trails Gallery - Jackson, WY
3) Mountain Trails Gallery - Park City, UT
4) Reid Moon - Provo, UT
Matthew David Grant
I use many methods to accomplish my end result. From free hand, to projection, or a mixed media approach; my end goal is to get to the image I see in my head. My favorite technique is the Grid Method. Here is an example of a painting from beginning to end.